Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Horse Collages

My sister has a knack for making lovely things, simply.  She makes stylish necklaces out of rocks and leather, and chic art out of simple blocks of color.  Her house is orderly and pretty, though it is made up of many of the same objects that make mine messy and blah.

She's pretty great.

A few years ago, she gave me these collages depicting two of my favorite horses.



This one is a whimsical picture showing my first horse, whose name was Maybe:


Made of only a few papers cut into primitive representations of some beloved horses, glued together, and framed cleanly.  They've become two of my favorite possessions. 

They remind me that simple is often better, and that memories are often best evoked by essence, not detail.

Thank you, Sister. 

1 comment:

  1. I love you so much, Muffin. Thanks for the very sweet post.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and hearing what you think, so please chime in. Keep it civil. It's how we roll here at Cabbage Ranch.