Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

105 Degrees

It has been so, so, sososososo hot here.  The heat index is somewhere around 105 each day.  I feel like I'm melting every time I go outside.  Sam's got this hot weather thing figured out, so he has been doing great. 

Sam's Daily Task List:
Sweat
Lick salt blocks
Drink water
Hang out in front of fans
Repeat

He gets turned out on the evening, which is where Beep and I find him, just as the intensity of the heat starts to fade.


He's always grateful to see us, get haltered and get a pat from Beep's chubby little hand.  He knows a bath is forthcoming.


And afterwards, a little grazing time under the gaze of a horse-crazy little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and hearing what you think, so please chime in. Keep it civil. It's how we roll here at Cabbage Ranch.