Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Have We Met?

I am complex.  I am misunderstood.  I exhaust myself.

In no particular order, these are things I hereby admit.

1. I am messy.  People have a ridiculous perception of me as being organized, which I most definitely am not.  I wish I was, but one look at my pitiful desk/purse/mail pile/laundry would cause normal people to shriek in abject terror.

2. I have to force myself to send thank you notes.  This in no way relates to how much I appreciate gifts, of course.

The one and only time I might have had an excuse for my utter failure to send timely thank you notes, I couldn't use the excuse.  I was newly married, newly pregnant, and completely nauseous.  All.  The.  Time.  Since we went the old-fashioned route and didn't tell the World In General that I was pregnant, there was no good explanation forthcoming as to why so many people had to wait sooooo verrrrrry looooong to receive a thank you note for their lovely, thoughtful, perfect and wonderful wedding presents.  All I can say is, I eked out those 80-some-odd notes after work and in between trips to the porcelain throne.  It took a while.  I hereby claim this as my one and only reasonable excuse for not writing notes in a timely manner.  The other times... I was just a loser. 

3. I love nice linens.  Big, soft, fluffy towels, cute dishcloths, and crisp sheets. Don't know why.   

4. I don't really mind if my baby eats horse hair occasionally.  And she has tried horse feed, while I supervised.  That little green pellet made a nice dribble of goopy green grossness down her chin, over her chest, and onto her hands... Eventually I took it from her.  But only because I realized it might reflect poorly on my parenting skills.  I still didn't really mind.

5. I hate that I can't do it all.

6. I still have 10 pounds of babyweight to lose (above my normal extra fat).  See #5. 

7. I secretly wish I was better at accessorizing my home.  I definitely can pick out paint colors, I know what furniture I like, and I will actually create the art to hang on the wall.  Ask me to put it all together, though, and I am defeated.

8.  I love my baby and my husband more than anything else.  They are my favorite people on earth, and I am happiest when I am with them.  Still, it's nice to have variety, and I miss my far-flung friends and family.

9.  Immediately after completely stressing myself out about having too much to do, I will invariably be struck by an idea for something new and different I want to try.  And so I do, and add one more thing to the list of things to do.  It's an illness.

10. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and hearing what you think, so please chime in. Keep it civil. It's how we roll here at Cabbage Ranch.