I am complex. I am misunderstood. I exhaust myself.
In no particular order, these are things I hereby admit.
1. I am messy. People have a ridiculous perception of me as being organized, which I most definitely am not. I wish I was, but one look at my pitiful desk/purse/mail pile/laundry would cause normal people to shriek in abject terror.
2. I have to force myself to send thank you notes. This in no way relates to how much I appreciate gifts, of course.
The one and only time I might have had an excuse for my utter failure to send timely thank you notes, I couldn't use the excuse. I was newly married, newly pregnant, and completely nauseous. All. The. Time. Since we went the old-fashioned route and didn't tell the World In General that I was pregnant, there was no good explanation forthcoming as to why so many people had to wait sooooo verrrrrry looooong to receive a thank you note for their lovely, thoughtful, perfect and wonderful wedding presents. All I can say is, I eked out those 80-some-odd notes after work and in between trips to the porcelain throne. It took a while. I hereby claim this as my one and only reasonable excuse for not writing notes in a timely manner. The other times... I was just a loser.
3. I love nice linens. Big, soft, fluffy towels, cute dishcloths, and crisp sheets. Don't know why.
4. I don't really mind if my baby eats horse hair occasionally. And she has tried horse feed, while I supervised. That little green pellet made a nice dribble of goopy green grossness down her chin, over her chest, and onto her hands... Eventually I took it from her. But only because I realized it might reflect poorly on my parenting skills. I still didn't really mind.
5. I hate that I can't do it all.
6. I still have 10 pounds of babyweight to lose (above my normal extra fat). See #5.
7. I secretly wish I was better at accessorizing my home. I definitely can pick out paint colors, I know what furniture I like, and I will actually create the art to hang on the wall. Ask me to put it all together, though, and I am defeated.
8. I love my baby and my husband more than anything else. They are my favorite people on earth, and I am happiest when I am with them. Still, it's nice to have variety, and I miss my far-flung friends and family.
9. Immediately after completely stressing myself out about having too much to do, I will invariably be struck by an idea for something new and different I want to try. And so I do, and add one more thing to the list of things to do. It's an illness.
10. That is all.