Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Owen and Me: Then and Now


Besides going to a 100th birthday party for Molly last weekend, we also spent time with my brother and sister-in-law who coincidentally live in the same area.  Isn't it convenient when serendipity allows for savings on plane tickets and vacation time?

Naturally, when I saw a favorite family picture on the fridge in Owen and Liz's house, I proposed a recreation.  Owen was game.  He always is. 

It's one of his most endearing qualities.

Owen and me then:



And our attempt to recreate the pose 3+ decades later, in front of a different stove, and (sadly) without a Tonka hard hat.

Not bad:


Better:


Best:


In the final analysis, today we may rate a little lower on the cuteness scale, but that is the way of the world with aging and it gives us reason to reproduce. 

I'll also note that Owen has a hairier face (in case you didn't notice) but happily that is not the case with me.  Whatever happened to the natural bounce and soft curls in my hair?  I demand them back.  Where do I send my complaint?

One thing I wouldn't change is having Owen for my brother.  Especially when he's willing to pose for Then and Now.   


2 comments:

I love reading your comments and hearing what you think, so please chime in. Keep it civil. It's how we roll here at Cabbage Ranch.